I see that Nero 7 is Vista compatible...

Parker

Limp Gawd
However, I'm guessing that any previous version ( I have version 6 on disk) will not have an update that makes it compatible with Vista, thus forcing us to buy the newer version.

the update from 6 to 7 always has had a cost to it. nero 6 is becoming out of date, time to upgrade.

*EDIT

BTW nero offers a discount if you have an older version, the discount depends on the version you have.

I looked at the reviews for Nero 7 on "the egg" and it appears that the new version is nothing short of crap.

I curretnly use Nero 6 and have no problems with it. That is one of the many reasons I haven't upgraded to Vista yet.

I curretnly use Nero 6 and have no problems with it. That is one of the many reasons I haven't upgraded to Vista yet.

I used Nero 6 on XP as well with no problems. However, I'm not going to be deterred from upgrading an OS due to a software conflict.

These burning programs are weird though, most of the features I have tried on Roxio 8 and Nero 6 work fine on my Vista install...Roxio just spouts an error of some kind that never seems to effect anything and Nero just says its incompatible but still runs :confused:

I used Nero 6 on XP as well with no problems. However, I'm not going to be deterred from upgrading an OS due to a software conflict.

It's a little more than just a software conflict for me. There are currently no drivers for my soundcards for Vista, and I want to make sure that iTunes is 100% compatible. I use this computer for my recording business, so it has to be 100% stable.

Gotcha :)

I will say that iTunes works fine now and is stable (i use it everyday :) )

I'll stick with XP for the time being. I personally see no compelling reason to switch at all to be honest. Everything I use works just fine in XP. Whenever M-Audio releases Vista drivers for my soundcards, I may do a dual boot for awhile just to check it out.

Back