I-PASS transponder

SomeGuy133

2[H]4U
According to pop science they opened up their I-PASS transponder and put a beeper back in and they noticed that it beeps everywhere....as in the government set up a network of nodes to ping your transponder to track it.

I lost the article and was wondering if anyone knew how to put in a beeper. I wanted to test it and mark on a map in my local area all the nodes to see how much tracking they can do with it.

According to pop science they opened up their I-PASS transponder and put a beeper back in and they noticed that it beeps everywhere....as in the government set up a network of nodes to ping your transponder to track it.

I lost the article and was wondering if anyone knew how to put in a beeper. I wanted to test it and mark on a map in my local area all the nodes to see how much tracking they can do with it.

I feel like its worth noting, iPass is the Illinois Tollway equivalent of EZ-Pass. Allowing you to pay tolls without stopping.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the traffic camera system that is commonly in use all over the country is used to track licence plates and their movement. There is no descrimination on who is tracked or what data is recorded, every vehicle and its habits are tracked. It's the same system that is in use at borders to track vehicle traffic through the border.

A little i-pass or ezpass is the last thing you have to worry about tracking you. The camera system is much more accurate and unobtrusive.

Anywhere you see a sign with "10 minutes to this highway" you are being tracked.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the traffic camera system that is commonly in use all over the country is used to track licence plates and their movement. There is no descrimination on who is tracked or what data is recorded, every vehicle and its habits are tracked. It's the same system that is in use at borders to track vehicle traffic through the border.

A little i-pass or ezpass is the last thing you have to worry about tracking you. The camera system is much more accurate and unobtrusive.

Anywhere you see a sign with "10 minutes to this highway" you are being tracked.
no shit. IL has a face recognition system.

unobtrusive to you....there is well documented abuse in those systems if you actually bother to pay attention to the news.

Back