• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I need information on a cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Feb 7, 2006
Messages
3,742
I am out of the loop and I am looking for information about the differences between this cpu:
Intel E5310 Quad Core Xeon 1.6Ghz 8M / 1066MHz Processor CPU SLAEM

And a standard quad core is the 775 socket and the 771 socket really the same cpu? or is it s totally different chip?
I don't think I could use it in a nforce 650i ultra board but I would like to know for sure.
 
xeon processors are not the same pinout as a quad core cpu. the pinout matters and are not backwards compatible.
 
Thanks that is what I thought as well but I just wanted confirmation from someone else. The xeon prices are pretty good but not if you have to pay a forture for the supporting mainboard.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top