Hello all.
I own a pair of ATH-A900's and HD595's for gaming. I used to have an Audigy 2 zs but I had a little watercooling accident and fried my sound card. So, lately I have been suffering with onboard audio and I have decided to make the jump into X-Fi land.
I mostly listen to techno, rock, and some rap. Most of my headphone use is for gaming though. Mostly FPS where good sound quality is a must.
I have been torn between all of the different model X-Fi's around but I have slimmed it down to two and I want to know from you all if there is a benefit to going with one over the other.
I have slimmed it down to the FPS or the Elite Pro. The main reason I want either of these is of course for the headphone 1/4" headphone input. I hate using adapters. I know the Pro comes with the upgraded DAC but is it worth it in gaming? Isnt this something that only a hardcore audiophile or recording artist would notice?
I cannot make my mind up on which one to get. Its driving me absolutely nuts!
Someone please help. If I can get away with the FPS at a much cheaper price and get the same benefits of the Elite pro when gaming then thats what I will do. But if the Elite has features that I can benefit from over the FPS in gaming then I will take the splurge.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks
I own a pair of ATH-A900's and HD595's for gaming. I used to have an Audigy 2 zs but I had a little watercooling accident and fried my sound card. So, lately I have been suffering with onboard audio and I have decided to make the jump into X-Fi land.
I mostly listen to techno, rock, and some rap. Most of my headphone use is for gaming though. Mostly FPS where good sound quality is a must.
I have been torn between all of the different model X-Fi's around but I have slimmed it down to two and I want to know from you all if there is a benefit to going with one over the other.
I have slimmed it down to the FPS or the Elite Pro. The main reason I want either of these is of course for the headphone 1/4" headphone input. I hate using adapters. I know the Pro comes with the upgraded DAC but is it worth it in gaming? Isnt this something that only a hardcore audiophile or recording artist would notice?
I cannot make my mind up on which one to get. Its driving me absolutely nuts!
Someone please help. If I can get away with the FPS at a much cheaper price and get the same benefits of the Elite pro when gaming then thats what I will do. But if the Elite has features that I can benefit from over the FPS in gaming then I will take the splurge.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks