I need an internal usb floppy/card reader

draksia

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 16, 2000
Messages
7,949
I need an internal usb floppy/card reader drive.


There are plenty of external drives avialable but I have not been able to find one that is internal. This is for a computer that doesn't have floppy port and I really don't like having some like external.

My other option was to take apart an external one hopeing that it is an internal drive with just a interface card. Use that to connect to a internal drive but that seems like alot of effort.
 
lol, that SIIG looks like a re-branded Mitsumi that I posted above. Mitsumi is the original manufacturer, and is selling it cheaper... I wonder which one you should get??? :p
 
Both of those are usb for the card reader functions end then standard floppy port for the floppy.


I need one that is solely a usb drive i.e. it will work on a computer that doesn't have a floppy port.

I appriaciate the effort though.
 
LOL it does look like the one you posted. :) I would tell him to get the cheaper one.
 
Agian with floppy port.


I am beginning to think what I want doesn't actaully exist.
 
They have a Floppy Connector on them

15-150-024-04.JPG

21-110-003-05.JPG
 
yes, as does the Mitsumi and SIIG posted above yours :rolleyes:


he wants one WITHOUT a floppy port -- where everything is USB.
 
I hate to say this, but i found no Internal floppy/card reader drives that just run off the USB Header on the computer. Unless there is a way to find an adapter from the FDD cable to USB .
 
There is no reason there can't be there are plenty of external usb floppy drives.


I guess my next move is to take an external one apart to see what is inside.
 
Back
Top