I need advice on buying a laptop from Alibaba...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebell

2[H]4U
So I've found this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60532637529.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.GDmmfX
$1500 laptop for $300-350....

Now I'm not stupid and buy pretty much everything on the internet, from clothes to car parts to electronics.
This does trigger "too good to be true" warning, but then I look up the seller, and he's ticking all the boxes of a valid business.
+ Gold seller (scammers can't afford to have gold rating as it costs thousands of dollars per year).
+ 100% quality and delivery on time assurance as well as payment protection.
+ Site operations checked by Alibaba on site, as well as 3rd party verification that confirmed the legal existence of the seller.
- Gold supplier for only 1 year but I'm willing to look past that, it's not as important as the above factors.
- BRANDED laptop (MSI). Now branded stuff costs pretty much the same all over the world. So what is this? Fake? I don't care if it's original MSI or fake MSI as long as internals are the same.

My girlfriend (who's from China) is visiting me in January and I was thinking about buying a laptop for me and her. So she should be able to easily smuggle it to Sweden :)

Upon further review, the processor is listed as a Core2Duo. Processor is then listed as an i7. Hard drive is 640gb..

Specs are all over the place.

too good to be true? yup. save the 300 and put it to somthng that is, whats the word.... real.

I'm willing to throw in $5 into a pot for OP to order and hopefully get lucky.

So I've found this: https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...60532637529.html?spm=a2700.7724838.0.0.GDmmfX
$1500 laptop for $300-350....

Now I'm not stupid and buy pretty much everything on the internet, from clothes to car parts to electronics.
This does trigger "too good to be true" warning, but then I look up the seller, and he's ticking all the boxes of a valid business.
+ Gold seller (scammers can't afford to have gold rating as it costs thousands of dollars per year).
  • Scammers make plenty enough money to pay a few thousand dollars for a paid for certification
+ 100% quality and delivery on time assurance as well as payment protection.
  • This is also very easy for a seasoned scammer to accomplish
+ Site operations checked by Alibaba on site, as well as 3rd party verification that confirmed the legal existence of the seller.
- Gold supplier for only 1 year but I'm willing to look past that, it's not as important as the above factors.
- BRANDED laptop (MSI). Now branded stuff costs pretty much the same all over the world. So what is this? Fake? I don't care if it's original MSI or fake MSI as long as internals are the same.
  • Actually fake stuff is 99% of the time low quality and does not come as advertised. And then in that case, good luck getting your money back.

My girlfriend (who's from China) is visiting me in January and I was thinking about buying a laptop for me and her. So she should be able to easily smuggle it to Sweden :)

Answers in BOLD

Year Joined: 2016 (So he HAS NOT been gold seller for over a year, in fact much less time most likely)

Average Response Time (7 days) - again no thanks

The supplier have sent 1 quotes to buyers in last 30 days. - No many sales there... def not in bulk

10K pieces available per day, yea ok.

All of that info and I only clicked one link. OP - this obviously is a scam. There is such thing as too good to be true.

This thread is better suited for Genmay.
This forum is for deals related to Hard Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back