I like the latest version of Avira Antivirus

sram

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello folks. As many of you know, Avira is arguably the best free antivirus program out there. Nothing is perfect though. It is a bit annoying. However, in the latest version I can notice that annoying alrams are gone. You know, in previous versions, you select an action for an infected file but the alarm doesn't necessarily go away. Or when you tell it to ignore one file, it keeps warning you about it.

It all changed in the latest version. If you didn't like Avira for some reason, try it now, you might change your opinion.

Thought I wold share this.

I was a huge fan of Avira, but you should take a look at MSE(Microsoft Security Essentials). It's just as good as the free version of Avira, but integrates within Windows 7 much better. The paid version of Avira is even better though, ans it has features not included in the other two.

Does Avira still pop up buyware windows? I don't care if your like AVG and have adverts in the window but don't have shit popping up on my computer.

Does Avira still pop up buyware windows? I don't care if your like AVG and have adverts in the window but don't have shit popping up on my computer.

Yes it does, which is quite annoying. There used to be a registry change for XP that would disable it, but I don't know if people are doing that with Vista or Win 7. I have moved to MSE, it has worked well for me. I put MSE on friends and family's computers. It does not have any pop ups and works quietly on its own. Avira seems to be quite good in detection, but the pop ups are annoying. What do you want for free I guess.

If you're going to be using the free version, I prefer Avast 5, then MSE, then Avira, in that order. If you INSIST on paying for AV, Avira is tops in my book.

Back