• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I just installed a RAID5...

zidion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
427
So I just installed a raid 5 using (3) 320gig Seagate hard drives and a highpoint 2300 raid controller card.

Everything seems to be working and all, except it says its going to take approx. 6 hours to finish initializing (I have it doing background initializing). Is this normal? Ive only done raid0's before.

Thanks.
 
Sounds a little slow to me but probably not too far off. My 2tb array took an hour and some odd minutes to intialize. When i added another 500gigs onto it and expanded it, it took freakin 5 1/2 hours. Shouldn't be anything to worry about though.
 
Back
Top