I have a strange question for you guys...

spotdog14

[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a telco cabinet off of ebay for $5, its not a full cabinet (meaning its not very big, or deep). It was designed im guessing to be in some AT&T local office on the wall. Right now i have it sitting in my basement on the floor. I would like to mount it to the wall, but am not quite sure how to. My basement like most is cinder block, and am wondering how i could fasten this thing to the wall since it is relatively heavy.

I was also thinking about building a wood frame for it, so it does not have to attach to the wall, but it would be easier to attach it to the wall, so now the question. How do i attach it to the wall in my basement, or at least what would be th best way to attach it to the wall?

What I did in a similar situation was fasten 2x4's to the cement wall in my basement with those cement nail thingies you can drive in with a hammer. They have .22 shells in them or something. Once I had the "studs" fastened securely to my cement wall I then built my workstation and lab area onto the studs. This worked pretty well for me. I am sure it would work in your situation.

Sheet of plywood to your cement wall with proper cement nails..this gives you a base to install the many "other" things you'll want to install with your cabinet, such as fastening points for power surge strips, cable organizers, etc. Plus a nice mounting surface for your cabinet. Can back mount some bolts to the sheet of plywood for you to fasten the cabinet to.

What I did in a similar situation was fasten 2x4's to the cement wall in my basement with those cement nail thingies you can drive in with a hammer. They have .22 shells in them or something. Once I had the "studs" fastened securely to my cement wall I then built my workstation and lab area onto the studs. This worked pretty well for me. I am sure it would work in your situation.

Sheet of plywood to your cement wall with proper cement nails..this gives you a base to install the many "other" things you'll want to install with your cabinet, such as fastening points for power surge strips, cable organizers, etc. Plus a nice mounting surface for your cabinet. Can back mount some bolts to the sheet of plywood for you to fasten the cabinet to.

I actually didnt think about that, thanks for the ideas. I think that i will do that, build a frame out of wood and attach it to the cement wall then attach the telco cabinet to the wood.

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Drill hole... use anchoring concrete bolts... all good to go

Since it's cylinder blocks, you may be able to get away with a hole + concrete screw.

Back