I converted HDD to basic by mistake! How do I undo?

mcq3000

n00b
Joined
Dec 15, 2005
Messages
25
ok I have a 300gb hard drive that holds all my files. Today I noticed it didnt show up in my list of drives so I went to disk management and tried to see if it was there and it was showing up as a foreign disk Instead of importing it for some stupid reason I converted it to Basicc and now it shows up as 279GB of unallocated space! How can I undo this? I do have a program that can scan a disk and read the files off it as long as you havent written to the disk you are recovering from but that involves copying all my files to another disk, formatting and then copying them back which is a hassle and an absolute last result.

Basically is there any program/utility that can restore a dynamic disk to the way it was if it was converted to a basic disk? The disk was originally a dynamic disk formatted in NTFS and i have not written any data to the drive since this happened and the disk is working and detects in bios and windows and an Rstudio scan shows that all the files are there an intact. It just doesnt show up as my G-Drive anymore
 
Back
Top