• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

I apologize :(

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Nov 13, 2006
Messages
7,129
Im sure some have noticed some PPD drop in our team, Im sorry that I have not been able to churn the PPD I used to but I have been having stability problems that I cannot track down with my busy schedule, I have reset everything to factory settings and run gpu and smp NONbigadv when Im sitting at the PC since it freezes and crashes even at stock settings. :(
 
It's ok man, don't worry about it... crunch when you can, when you can't, we understand. Everyone here has lives, families, work etc., we understand. No biggie ;)
 
It's ok man, don't worry about it... crunch when you can, when you can't, we understand. Everyone here has lives, families, work etc., we understand. No biggie ;)



cough except me cough... :p


but its all good 86 5.0L shit happens.. if ya need help tracking down the problem just ask we'll see what we can do to help.
 
Were always here if you need something bro!
 
86 5.0
You have any way of checking ripple on your PSU? I am wondering if your PSU has some sort of failure that is leading to crap power.

The other thing to do is when it crashes next pull one of the three sticks of ram out. If it crashes again put that one in the second sticks slot and remove the second one. If it crashes again put the second one in the first slot. If that doesn't fix it you don't have just one bad stick of ram.


My PPD is going to be done for a couple of days too. With the wind storms here power has been going a little whacky and my office just took a surge that blew up a UPS so my servers I use for folding are offline.

I was having such a good day too I had 33,000 points between the 6 am and 9 am updates! I had snagged a machine that in for build too last night and it is down as well. SO I have some crap to fix when I hit the office tomorrow. (I was off work today)

So I am limping along on my home boxes. On a positive note I just rebuilt one of those today and it is now folding a3 units instead of uni. Q9400 at 2.92 and DDR1182
 
86 5.0
You have any way of checking ripple on your PSU? I am wondering if your PSU has some sort of failure that is leading to crap power.

The other thing to do is when it crashes next pull one of the three sticks of ram out. If it crashes again put that one in the second sticks slot and remove the second one. If it crashes again put the second one in the first slot. If that doesn't fix it you don't have just one bad stick of ram.


My PPD is going to be done for a couple of days too. With the wind storms here power has been going a little whacky and my office just took a surge that blew up a UPS so my servers I use for folding are offline.

I was having such a good day too I had 33,000 points between the 6 am and 9 am updates! I had snagged a machine that in for build too last night and it is down as well. SO I have some crap to fix when I hit the office tomorrow. (I was off work today)

So I am limping along on my home boxes. On a positive note I just rebuilt one of those today and it is now folding a3 units instead of uni. Q9400 at 2.92 and DDR1182

Thankfully my folding rigs survived the severe weather yesterday. I lost power multiple times, but thankfully didn't lose any of the bigadv's that were in progress as they picked up right from the checkpoint once I restarted the client. The bigadv on folding2 was at 90%.
 
Back
Top