• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Hyperthreading Q9450/750i

GoC_Derek

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 24, 2008
Messages
89
I have a Q9450 Yorkfield and an EVGA 750i FTW. I think both my CPU and mobo support hyperthreading, but I'm unsure. Since I don't see an option anywhere in my BIOS. I've looked in every section for something along the lines of CPU HT. I'm trying to figure out why I'm not getting good frames in some games with my SLI 460s.


Any ideas?

Thanks
 
q9450s lacked hyperthreading. It appeared in Pentium 4's but disappeared until Core i7 (nehalm)
 
Neither one of your CPU's have HT.... Also, it's been proven that HT doesn't really help out that much (in games) and in some rare cases, can even cause performance decrese...
 
Oh ok, good to know! I'll have to search around a bit more to see what's causing my issue.


Thanks guys!
 
Oh ok, good to know! I'll have to search around a bit more to see what's causing my issue.


Thanks guys!

Ahhhh....ummmmm....your CPU's are causing the issue....;) The only way to fix this "issue" is to get a new CPU, and since i750 is on the newer socket, I'd look for a CPU for that motherboard, like the i7-860 or 870, both quad core with HT (for 8 threads)....
 
Ahhhhh ummmmm he has a 750i motherboard which is socket 775 neither of your cpu choices will work.
OP try overclocking the CPU if you haven't.
 
Ahhhhh ummmmm he has a 750i motherboard which is socket 775 neither of your cpu choices will work.
OP try overclocking the CPU if you haven't.

Ahhh... Hehe... I read it as an "i750" (as in a CPU) thinking he's got two different systems (motherboards)... I'm dyslexic like that....;)
 
Back
Top