HTC messaging app delays displaying names

SuperToast92

Limp Gawd
For some reason, the contacts showing up in my messages list show as the number first. It takes about five seconds or so for the names to replace the numbers. Does anyone happen to know if there's a setting I can tweak to fix this? I've been searching awhile now and can't seem to find an answer other than trying a third party app.

Yes, this was happening with me too at first when I got my phone. not 100% sure what fixed it, but I have read that if you have too many sms messages and the threads are too long it takes a while for the CPU to process them. So limit how many sms you have and the length of your conversations.

I got handsent, which i prefer over the stock app. I know that it helped, but i dont remember how much. try handsent first, then create an automatic delete policy. My advice would be no more than say 150 sms per person.

Ah ok, thanks for the heads up. Someone else mentioned on another forum that the time stamps are incorrect when viewing messages under the "All messages" tab in the app. Seems that the other tab, "SMS/MMS" doesn't have the problem displaying names, either. If only there were a way to eliminate the All messages tab, or have it start in the SMS/MMS tab.

Back