• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

HT speakers vs studio monitors

azrael201

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
106
What's the difference? Is one more "colored" and the other more flat? Or is that adjustable?

I don't really mix/DJ but for just listening to mp3s/cds, playing computer games, and watching movies, would monitors be overkill?

I just squandered my money and am not sure if i can put out for monitors especially when some HT systems cost less than a pair of monitors. I just want to be sure I'm not gonna wasting my money...
 
I think it's down to $300. I had to buy my brother the Swans M200.

Originally I wanted the Behringer Truth 2031A but since I'm not in the sound business I was looking more at the Rokit RP5 since I was told it was more colored and more for my purposes.

But I started to look at some HT speakers like the Paradigm Cinema series.

I just want to know that getting monitors won't be a waste maybe HT speakers are more suitable for me...
 
A feature that reccommends studio monitors for computer use is their being engineered for nearfiled use. HT speakers are generally designed to be listened to from 4-5 feet away.
 
Pretty much all studio monitors are designed for nearfield performance. It's just how they're generally used, so that's how they're engineered.
 
Back
Top