HSF advice, Silverstone SG-05 Case + 4790K

AmIdYfReAk

Limp Gawd
Hello all!

I'm not into the overclocking game that much anymore and actually gave away my custom water loop a few months ago for my desktop, But anyway...

My media center is a 4790K @ stock everything on a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wifi motherboard in a Silverstone SG-05 case, right now its rocking the stock intel fan ( terrible ) and even playing a game like world of tanks for ~3-5 mins the CPU is playing 90º range and stressing me out a little.

So, I've been having a hard time trying to find a decent HSF or even just a larger heat sink to be able to fit in this case and cool the devil down to a sane temps for the odd gaming excursion it sees.

Considering this chassis is a really old design that has been around for a while, the bulk of the reviews that are out there are for C2D or C2Q and possibly Q2E cpus! Great right? They're a higher wattage chip, run hotter, etc... Basically all of them reviewed or recommended are discontinued or the FEW stragglers that are out there online are listed for $80-120 ( CAD ) currently.

So is there anyone on here that has something they'd recommend? Just as a foot note, I'm unable to do a AIO Water system due to using the HDD bay + ODD bay.

Case in question:
SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- SG05

"Limitation of CPU cooler ( height ) 82mm "

Thanks!

I'd look at a low profile Noctua air cooler if you can't fit water cooling.

Silverstone, on the webpage you point to, recommend their NT06-PRO.

Back