HP Blackbird002 Asetek water cooler - Ends Aug 12, 201210:42:59 PDT - $14.99 to start

You still have your Blackbird Case? I have 2 of them and they are the best cases ever.

You still have your Blackbird Case? I have 2 of them and they are the best cases ever.

Yes I do, picked up just the case last year and kept waiting to build my new rig. finally bit the bullet once ivy bridge came out. Will need to make a thread to show it off one day :)

Yup. I have one brand new in the box I ordered from HP that has never been opened and a Dedication Edition that was a full computer I just bought on eBay for $675. I am bidding on your cooler BTW.

One of the best-designed desktop cases ever imo. Sooo cool-looking. Great example of superb consumer design you rarely see anymore - I can actually see this thing being displayed in a museum of design sometime in the future.

Wish HP wouldn't have tossed the Voodoo team and this line aside like so much refuse.

This is definitely the best looking case I have ever seen. I like the new Aventum as well. The Blackbird should be in a museum, then my case would be worth some money at that point. lol.

Yup. I have one brand new in the box I ordered from HP that has never been opened and a Dedication Edition that was a full computer I just bought on eBay for $675. I am bidding on your cooler BTW.

wow brand new in box? that is nuts and really cool. I been keeping my eye on ebay for more cases/whole systems for a good price. I paid more than i would have liked for my case but it is certainly amazing hah! I remember seeing the advertisements for it in the magazines back when it was available.

Thanks for bidding too! :) I was originally tempted to continue and make use of it instead of going with the H100, but I came across a pretty good deal on the H100 that I was reluctant to pass on ;)

One of the best-designed desktop cases ever imo. Sooo cool-looking. Great example of superb consumer design you rarely see anymore - I can actually see this thing being displayed in a museum of design sometime in the future.

Wish HP wouldn't have tossed the Voodoo team and this line aside like so much refuse.

agreed! I do wish it had more options for intake fans though than just the single 120mm behind the HDD rack.

Yes, whole systems are the way to go. Mine came with a Q9650, eVGA 790i Ultra SLi, 8GB Dominator, 3 x 2TB, 2 x 300GB Velociraptor, Dual GTX 260s, whole system is watercooled, and 1100W PSU. It was an insane good deal for $675.00.

Yes, whole systems are the way to go. Mine came with a Q9650, eVGA 790i Ultra SLi, 8GB Dominator, 3 x 2TB, 2 x 300GB Velociraptor, Dual GTX 260s, whole system is watercooled, and 1100W PSU. It was an insane good deal for $675.00.

sounds like it, mine was the case, the watercooler for the cpu, one slim drive (which is awesome in the case) and that 1100w PSU you mentioned. I still have the PSU on a shelf. opted for a new AX850 in the new build.

I really need to make a thread about my build, there is a forum for that right? I have been on this site for YEARS but only recently got back into it and never posted before.

Blackbird cases are classic cool -- really wanted a Blackbird system back in the day, but I didn't have the cash then :(

Back