How to unlock an account on Windows 2000

pppsyang

Limp Gawd
An user forgot about the password and attempted too many tries. The account has been locked. As the system administrator, how can I unlock his account? Thank you.

No one is supposed to know everything. If you know how, why can't you write down how you would do it? I posted the question this morning but no one gave me the answer. It shows it is not an obvious solution.

I thought about deleting the account then resetting it. But it may affect the personal settings.

Acutally it's a very simple process. That's why no one has answered, it's not that people don't know, they just don't want to answer. After all your the system admin, it's your job to know.

But, as you said, no one knows everything, so I have a couple of Qs. 1. What OS is it? 2. Is it a local account or domain account? 3. Do you have administrator access for whichever it is (local or domain)?

The question indicates it is Windows 2000. It is a local account. I have the administrator's right.

Actually, I know how to do it for NT (MCSE NT track). Windows 2000 has a different setup.

Back