How to take screen shot of Windows XP desktop?

PNut12345

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey all, I'll be selling my CPU in a few days, and I wanted to take a few screenies of CPU-Z to post in my thread. I'm sure it's simple, but I don't know how to do it. Little help here?

Press the print screen button

Go into paint

click paste

save as picture file.

easy. ;)

Also, Alt+PrintScreen only takes a screenshot of the active window so you don't have to do any cropping or such.

BillLeeLee said:
Also, Alt+PrintScreen only takes a screenshot of the active window so you don't have to do any cropping or such.
didnt know that. cool.

anyone know how to take a screen shot of a movie playing on WMP? i do it than paste it into paint and crop it out than paste it again, but when i paste it, its just a black box.

Retardo said:
didnt know that. cool.

anyone know how to take a screen shot of a movie playing on WMP? i do it than paste it into paint and crop it out than paste it again, but when i paste it, its just a black box.

Disable video acceleration.

Tools -> Options. Go to Performance tab, and set Video Acceleration to none. Then you can take screenshots of the video. This is in WMP 9, not sure about 10 if you use that. It is probably the same.

Afterwards, you'll probably want to set Video Acceleration back to full.

edit: In WMP 10, it's probably an option called "Overlay"

Hope that helps.

sweet it works. yea its called OVERLAY. gotta go to the advanced section. doin this really degrades the video quality though. thanks.

Back