how to stop whatever's changing my start page

beserker16

Limp Gawd
for some reason, something in my computer keeps changing the start page of internet explorer to open the omegasearch pop up bar. none of my virus scanners can detect it. if anyone's has gotten rid of this problem, please tell me where the stupid exe file that's causing this is so i can delete it.

try spybot or adaware....i'm sure there are registry keys that have been hijacked or something like that...

That happened to me and all the spyware programs I ran didn't get rid of it so I used HijackThis and it fixed it...

Project2501 nice little tweak ;)

Originally posted by Kev
Im gona toss spyspweeper into this and WinPatrol.

If we are recommending paid software
(Spybot, Adaware, HijackThis & CWShredder all being Freeware)
Id say Pest Patrol or Spyblocker

However I wouldnt trust anything but a dedicated AntiVirus and Trojan Scanners to protect against either of those

NOD32 and TDS-3 being my programs of choice along with a good config and other useful security aps

I move to make a sticky for this. It seems there is getting to be at least one of these threads every day and it is the same question with the same people replying with the same answers. Not like people would actually look at the sticky, though. :rolleyes:

hmm, i've tried a couple so far and it seems to be still there...and it also change my search bar registry...what is it suppose to be normally? i might have been able to delete it already, won't know till i reboot...some reason it only changes my start page upon windows loading up.

finally got everythin fixed. readin from one of the forums, it turns i had to go to omegasearch.com, go to help at the botom, and then download a removing ultility designed to get rid of the omega search tool bar.

Back