How to read .sfcache file or readyboost cache?

Today I got the corsair ATV 4 gig flash drive and I have it to use 4 gigs since I also have 4 gigs of ram on my OS. I see this 1 large file with a sfcache extention. I can't open it with any thing. I like to see whats in it. Does any one know of a program that will read this file?

There is potentially a great deal of interesting information in there. However, it is encrypted and you're not going to be able to get much out of it.

It contains an index to files in page file.

ic if it's encrypted which is good, but would that slow performance since it has to encrypted every time it writes data on it. My computer is used at home so I don't care about encryption. I don't need encryption, im the only one in my room any way. Who knows that a usb is plug behind the computer any ways? :)

With 4GB of RAM in your machine, there's not going to be any noticeable boost in performance by using that USB stick with it's full capacity for ReadyBoost - your machine is basically as fast as it's going to get with the 4GB it already has. So, one could say you're just wasting the Flash memory needlessly right now, putting wear and tear on it that it simply doesn't need to have done.

But to answer the question you asked: others have already given it. The data in ReadyBoost cache files is encrypted, and wouldn't provide much useful data even if it were decrypted as it tends to change moment to moment. Sure, if someone really had no life and was totally bored outta their skull they could probably pull a few useful bytes of info off one if they could decrypt it, but geez...

Back