How to Maximize performance with Multiple Cards & Monitors

USMC2Hard4U

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
6,157
I have a Dual 5770 1GB Setup. No Crossfire. Just 2 cards.

I have 3 Monitors... Do not want eyefinity... Just an extended desktop.

The Goal is to run 2 different games at the same time... on Monitor 1 and 2.... while leaving monitor 3 for surfing etc....

How should I set this up? Which monitors should be plugged into Card 1? What monitors plugges into card 2?

What is Ideal is game 1 to run on card 1, and game 2 to run on card 2.... can I tell windows to do that?
 
You can do this if the games play in windowed mode. Just put the windowed game in whatever monitor you please.

If you don't have crossfire enabled you should be able to plug Monitors 1 and 2 into separate cards, which will ensure the games are rendered based on which monitor you play them on. Third monitor can be either card.

You won't be able to do this if either game is full-screen only, though. At least, as far as I know.
 
Back
Top