how to make a new tab in FF 2.0 RC3 open a specific website?

mjz_5

2[H]4U
right now, my default home page are several tabs (hardocp.com, hardocp.com, anandtech.com).. However, when i add a new tab, it goes to a blank page. Is there a way i can make it open a specific website or something?

thanks

TabMixPlus has a bunch of options for that kind of thing. Unfortunately the current version stopped being compatible at 1.5.

However, there is a RC of the new 2.0 compatible version at:
http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3515

Since this is still designed FOR FF1.5, just compatible with 2.0, you will lose some of the tab functionality of 2.0 (such as the drop down list of open tabs on the right hand side of the tab bar) but tab mix has a bunch of restore options and whatnot. His next version will be designed for FF2.0.

To install, just download the .xpi file and put it in your C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%whatever%\extensions folder. Restart Firefox and it will prompt you to install the extension.

cool thanks.. i don't know why mozilla doesn't have this stuff standard

mjz_5 said:

why don't you make your own browser with these features? until then, just let them do their thing

digitalx0 said:
why don't you make your own browser with these features? until then, just let them do their thing

i'm not dissing them or anything, just wondering why.. i love firefox and have been using it for years! I even try to get other people to use it

mjz_5 said:

Well, Firefox is like a make-your-own sundae bar. You start off with just plain old ice-cream and add stuff to it *if you want*. Sometimes though, someone forgets to provide simple and expected things like spoons and bowls. But, if not enough people request or complain ...

Back