how to fix windowxp bsod

ApaThy_NeXT2

[H]ard|Gawd
had fuse blow and I think it messed something up. Now everytime I get into windows, i get a blue screen and it restarts itself. I can go into safe mode fine, even disabled automatic reboot and still nothing.

I tried to put in the window xp cd and do a xp repair and still same thing. Anything else I can do before I do a reformat, trying to avoid that,

Windows bsod when loading or once the desktop is reached? also check event viewer and see if there is an error logged

bsod once it has reached desktop. It takes a good 2 seconds after desktop comes up before it bsod and restarts. I've ran chkdsk and although it fixed some errors it didn't help me.
Checking the event error log, these are the two that i found under system which could be causing a problem

Event Type: Error
Event Source: sptd
Event Category: None
Event ID: 4
Date: 4/26/2008
Time: 7:50:44 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XPC
Description:
Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for .

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
Data:
0000: 00000000 00520001 00000000 c0040004
0010: 000000b8 00000000 00000000 00000000
0020: 00000000 00000000

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7026
Date: 4/26/2008
Time: 7:48:06 AM
User: N/A
Computer: XPC
Description:
The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
Fips
intelppm
sptd

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

If you can go into safe mode disable all the start up services and programs in msconfig. Reboot, see if it helped.

Check for a folder called minidump inside windows folder, it has useful information which can be read with the windows debugger tools to help find whats exactly causing the bsod

Driver detected an internal error in its data structures for
if it is a driver issue, you may want attempt to reinstall the driver (assuming that you know what driver it is)
that was the same reason mine kept trippen about a month ago, my wireless rt61.sys was acting up

i still formated mine anyway though, and boy did i get a speedboost lol

Back