How to edit EDID?

Joined
Mar 30, 2011
Messages
55
I have 3 HP ZR24W's, but one of them is reporting that its size is 25.3", and therefore I can't use bezel compensation. I've looked at powerstrip and moninfo, but I am a noob and can't figure out how to override the current settings and set it to 24" manually. Is there a way that I can do this? Or will I just have to RMA one of my monitors?

Thanks.
 
This thread over at WSGF is the most informative I've seen on how to do this.

I just ran into this issue yesterday myself - though not with ZR24Ws, it's pretty annoying that CCC doesn't let you ignore the reported size, and just pop up a warning or something. Let me know how it goes. :)
 
Are there any hacks to get around CCC to ignore the reported size? Wiping my EDID seems kind of dicey. At this point I think I would rather just go through the RMA process.
 
Back
Top