how to copy a system drive?

black_b[ ]x

[H]ard|Gawd
I want to swap hard drives on a computer running Win2k Server. I bought Drive Image 7 only to find out it doesnt support Win2k server. How do I do this? there are 2 partitions on the old drive, which I want duplicated to the new drive. The new partitions will be larger.

We have daily tape backups, so I suppose I can re-install windows on the new drive, then go to the tapes, but isnt there an easy way to copy the drive contents? I tried booting to a floppy disk (created in winXP), but the drives are SCSI and don't show up.

Symantec Ghost would be the best (most feature rich) solution
in the freeware category g4u

"g4u ("ghost for unix") is a NetBSD-based bootfloppy/CD-ROM that allows easy cloning of PC harddisks to deploy a common setup on a number of PCs using FTP. The floppy/CD offers two functions. First is to upload the compressed image of a local harddisk to a FTP server. Other is to restore that image via FTP, uncompress it and write it back to disk; network configuration is fetched via DHCP. As the harddisk is processed as a image, any filesystem and operating system can be deployed using g4u. Easy cloning of local disks as well as partitions is also supported. "

Back