How to connect this together?

Rombus

2[H]4U
Ok, I have a DDR dance pad that i need to replace the electronics on. Both the pad and the control unit use a kind of carbon looking connection that was originally taped on and pressure fit. This wont work with how i have to mod it, so i need to find a way to connect the two surfaces. Will solder stick to these? If not, could i use conductive glue to connect them together? here is a picture of the overall connector:

Connector.jpg

and a close up of one side of the connector:

Closeup.jpg

Any Suggestions?

My guess is that solder would work if you didnt screw up the surface too much. I would try dripping the solder onto the wire that is on the flat connection so that its magically glued together. If you get the plastic too hot it will melt obviously.

This conductive glue would work, but it's pretty permanent, and dripping solder on the connector might melt the plastic.

You could solder some short wires onto the strip, taking a short break between each wire, letting the connector cool off. Then run the wires to the other side and you're done.

try a solder paste, with a lower melting point it should be easier.

use conductive glue, like the stuff you use to repair a rear window defogger.

I guarantee the plastic on that stuff will melt before any solder will stick to the metal itself...

After many suggestions and much thinking, i figured the easist and best way for now would be to use jumper wires, i used electrical tape to secure. So far looks like its working great! thanks for the suggestions!

Back