How to check PCI-E bus speed? (Also: strange video pause)

*Legion*

n00b
I'm using an Intel P965-based board (Gigabyte GA-965P-S3), and I'm trying to find a way to check my PCI-E bus speed from Windows.

In my BIOS, I have it set to Auto. Interestingly, when I set it to 100Mhz (the standard PCI-E speed), a couple of unusual things happen (my FSB boots at 332MHz instead of 333, for one). I'm curious as to what speed my board is running the PCI-E bus at when left to its own devices.

So far, I haven't found a way to check it. Gigabyte's EasyTune utility comes up blank. Digging up an old version of ClockGen shows me nothing when the board is set to Auto, and shows me incorrect readings when manually set to 100MHz.

So I'm kind of puzzled. I'm trying to figure out a tiny system quirk that happens when playing Team Fortress 2 that may or may not be related to anything from my power supply to overclocking to who knows what.

(For the record, the quirk is that the game will pause for a fraction of a second, with a buzzing sound during the pause. It's extremely brief and very rare. It didn't happen until a number of things about my PC changed, from the cooling to the video card to being put into a new room and sharing the UPS with another PC.)

Unfortunately GPU-Z doesn't display the PCI-E bus speed. :( I appreciate the help though.

On my other system (650i based board), nTune can show PCI-E bus speed, but I haven't found anything that does the same for my Intel chipset board.

Back