How to earn Electroneum on an Android device (simulated mining)

Gilthanis

[H]ard|DCer of the Year - 2014
The Android wallet application does not actually do "real mining". Rather it does "simulated mining". That means it shows you what the application would look like if it were to really be using your device to mine. It does not pull very much system resources (CPU, battery, data, etc...). It can run in the background while you do other stuff as well. However, it does award you with real Electroneum. Be careful though as the terms state you can only use one device per account even though the application can be logged into any number of devices. Abusing the system may get your account banned and any remaining Electroneum zeroed out. You won't get large amount of coins from this application but it is essentially simple and easy. I leave my old device sitting on a table on WiFi while just charging and running other apps. It does not cause the device to get hot as it is not doing anything CPU intensive.

Go to Google Play store and download the Electroneum application. Open it and you should see the typical login screen whith the option to set up an account.
01.PNG

Enter your preferred email address password. Agree to the terms and check the captcha box.

02.PNG

Tap create account

03.PNG

Now check your email for an activation link.

04.PNG

Click/tap the link in the email.

05.PNG

Confirm the account by checking captcha box and then the confirm account button.

06.PNG

Next you add your mobile number

07.PNG

Pretty self explanatory.

08.PNG

They will send you a code via SMS

09.PNG

Enter the code and do the captcha. Then click confirm code.

10.PNG

Last edited:
Under Contrstucion still

Next, it will set up your PIN recovery. Check the captcha and enter your password
You will need to use a second email account for this.

12.PNG
11.PNG
13.PNG
14.PNG
15.PNG

Enter a 5 digit PIN, confirm it, then click/tap the captcha, then Save PIN

16.PNG
17.PNG

This brings you to the Security Notice. Select each box as you read through them. Then tap/click the I Understand button.

18.PNG

19.PNG

20.PNG

Last edited:
You now should be able to log in. You can go straight to "simulated mining" by tapping the Start Mining button or you can choose a few options at the bottom.
I recommend you tap on the "More" button at the bottom right.

24.PNG

Tap referral Program

25.PNG

If you have not done a referral yet, it will give you the option to do so. You can either take a picture of their code or you can manually enter one. If anyone wants to exchange referrals, please make sure to do it via PM or other method.

26.PNG

I have mangled mine in the picture as to not be mistook for posting a referral link/code/etc... as that violates forum rules. However, I wanted a photo for people to understand what it looks similar to.

22.PNG
21.PNG
23.PNG

You may be wondering why anyone would bother using the referral code. The referral system works on a commission-based system. For every user you refer, you get 5.00% bonus ETN based on what they are mining. In addition, your referrals will get a 1.00% bonus on top of what they mine when entering your referral code.

Attachments

• 25.PNG
    25.PNG
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
how much etn do you get? if its decent ill game the heck out of this.

It's not a lot. I think my first account has earned a little over 220 ETN in ~ a months time. I just set up a second account using my wife's cell number. But each account you make needs a different cell number as part of the verification process. Like I said above, this is their way of getting people into crypto and not really a way of earning a lot. I honestly do not know how well they monitor using multiple devices so do that at your own risk.

I already have a bunch of devices running, so it isn't any additional cost to me to run the app.

So, the device I set up when making this how-to earned roughly 100 ETN over the course of a month. Certainly not getting rich. I did notice that the phones don't charge near as fast while running. At least a Huawei Sensa doesn't. The app is only supposed to simulate mining. Not sure what it is doing so heavy in the background to cause the device to not be able to keep up as well when compared to when the app isn't installed. Then again the Sensa seems a bit more touchie about apps than any other phone I have used. I moved the application over to an Alcatel Pop Star 2 (quad core) that is bipassing the battery with a USB cable soldered to the battery terminals.

So, the device I set up when making this how-to earned roughly 100 ETN over the course of a month.

Woop woop, got yourself enough for almost a whole dollar!

The app is only supposed to simulate mining. Not sure what it is doing so heavy in the background to cause the device to not be able to keep up as well when compared to when the app isn't installed.

It's probably still running the calculations, just not on actual blocks...like a "benchmark" mode.

My other device has ran longer and has over 300 now. These devices are powered on and running anyways so might as well play with currency.

Back