How much performance gain?

Jrmicon

[H]ard|Gawd
You can see my specs in my sig below and I was curious as to how much of a performance gain I would see by upgading my MOBO to the NF7-S or the new NFII board by Abit I belive it's the AN7.

good question - I'd say prolly around 10% boost, but that is an educated guess. I do think going to a nf2 ultra 400 board will do you good. Good stable chipset for overclockin - are you overclocking the cpu now? I have heard good things bout the new edition of the dfi lanparty 2 as well.

No, i'm not OCing the chip right now because I can't lock the PCI and AGP bus and I don't want to OC the CPU and chance messing up my other cards. I just can't decide if I should upgrade MOBO's now or just hold out for another 6 months and see what is out then

ok, if you DO want to overclock get a Nforce 2 400 or ultra 400 chipset as they do lock the pci/agp bus - mine allows me to set the agp bus speed too. As for 6 months down the road - if you can wait that long the newer athlon 64 chipsets should be in the marketplace, boosting a64 performance while adding competition & lowering price.

Back