how much performance boost am i getting?

NightLinks

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
116
Hey Everyone!

I was just wondering how much of a perfomance boost i am getting from running raid 0 over a single drive?

Running raid 0 am i running double ram usage?
 
A search will give you lots of threads to form an opinion. You might have missed that this whole first page of this subforum is scattered with RAID threads.
 
^^Without a doubt^^
O.P., you may get faster level load times, and faster boot times..
Video authoring and ripping usually benefit from a faster storage subsystem..
More FPS in games? = Nope....
 
Hey Everyone!

I was just wondering how much of a perfomance boost i am getting from running raid 0 over a single drive?

Running raid 0 am i running double ram usage?

I went Raid0 and didn't really notice much difference. I THINK I feel a little difference loading in CS:S, but other than that...it's really not that big of a difference. I don't regret going with Raid0 because I always backup my important documents no matter what.
 
I was just wondering how much of a perfomance boost i am getting from running raid 0 over a single drive?
I don't know. What are you doing with the raid 0 array?
Running raid 0 am i running double ram usage?
Probably not. But the drivers could allocate twice as many buffers, I guess. If you are using twice as much ram, it's not raid 0's fault, it's the specific implementation of raid 0 that you're using at fault.
 
I use raid 0 for gaming mainly playing CS:S, BF2 and 2142.

In that case the benefits aren't clear-cut. Perhaps it's faster with raid 0, perhaps it isn't. The only way to be sure is to try it both ways and see which way is faster on your machine.
 
Back
Top