How much disc space does a full Vista installation take?

Nom Anor

Limp Gawd
I'm planing to buy a new Sony laptom with a flash memory HD.

It's only 32Gb so i'm concerned about little space.

From Microsoft:

20-gigabyte (GB) hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space

My Windows folder is 11 or so GBs.

This of course can be changed by ripping out some stuff using vLite.

What about Vista 64-bit? I'm wondering if the 40GB partition I have on the drive now is going to be enough. I don't play modern games on PCs so that is not an issue.

What about Vista 64-bit? I'm wondering if the 40GB partition I have on the drive now is going to be enough. I don't play modern games on PCs so that is not an issue.

I have Vista64 for almost 4 months and Windows are 12.3 GB so 40GB will be more then you will ever need.

My above post is from my Vista x64 install.

I'm planing to buy a new Sony laptom with a flash memory HD.

It's only 32Gb so i'm concerned about little space.

32Gb will be adequate to house Vista and the data you accumulate from basic productivity applications.

If you store huge amounts of data you'd end up needing to use an external drive, naturally. If you do lots of multimedia stuff, maintaining large libraries, incurring large temporary files and whanot else then you'll need to be regularly attentive to keeping things cleaned up.

Think of it as similar circumstance to some running an XP laptop which has about a 20Gb hard drive. Easy enough to do, enough space for the OS, your apps, your data and maybe even a game or two, but you DO need to think about getting rid of unnecessary stuff a bit more frequently than a person who has a really large capacity drive.

Back