how long should i wait on getting new hardware

OK this is the deal i just built a case with dual vapor phase cooling units and peltier cooling for the mother board chipset and now im trying to figure out how long i should wait to get hardware for it. Im pretty dead set on getting an athlon 64 of some kind but i was rather disappointed with the performance numbers on the nforce 150 so im gonna be stuck untill atleast socket 939 and the new nforce boards come out. How long untill pci express comes out and will the new stuff still support the old atx form factor or will it be in the new btx form factor only. Should i wait for pci express. Also does anyone know if the gpu on pci express cards face up or down.

Well considering i dove in and bought a FX chip and a new mobo, i allready saved up another $750 and counting to upgrade to a 939pin and new mobo because its inevitable, If i were in your shoes id grab a A64 3400 and a decent mobo, that system will have some legs, lets face it the Next gen mobos with PCI Express are just around the corner, this year is going to be a very expensive year!!! At least for me anyways. You got some pictures of your new setup, i had a vapochill and sold it because it performed like a turd, im halfway tempted to just buy a Prometia and get it done with, time to dust off the credit card.

COMING IN 2005 TO A STORE NEAR YOU:

A64 939-pin, Dual Channel, 90nm SOI, PCI-express, BTX form factor.

Ive got a few pics when i was first putting it together im waiting on the finished pics to be developed. Ill post as soon as i get them in. The thing im most worried about is the convert to btx as that would make at least the housing to my unit obsolete unless i took the saber saw to it. If its gonna take that long for pci express to come out ill just buy my stuff at the end of quarter 2 when the nvidia 250 chipset and 90nm winchesters come out.

Back