• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

How future proof.......X850 Pro?

[Fate]Doom

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
425
I keep staring at the deal for an AGP ATI X850 Pro at Best Buy for $249.99.

I recently lost my 6800 from my sig and need a good replacement before I do an A64/PCIe overhaul in about 6-8 months.

Or I could always buy another 6800 for $162, but it seems silly to re-buy a card and not improve on it. I may even go A64/AGP board in 6 months if the X850 would still hold value and allow 1280X1024 gaming for the next year with good quality.


Any thoughts?
 
I will probably last you a year. It might start to wheeze playing 1280x1024 with newer games, like FEAR.
 
Get the 850. It's the fastest agp card and will be the most likely to keep its value. ;)
 
if you're gonna upgrade in 6-8 months
you might as well get the x800 pro from ati's clearance section
its at 170 dollars after the 10 dollar coupon code(1010) at checkout.
 
yeah and ati charges 15 bucks for shipping but at that price it's a good deal.
 
might as well toss in the extra 12 and pay 27 for overnight shipping
still comes out to under 200 for an x800 pro overnighted
cant beat that
:)
 
Back
Top