How does this setup sound?

filthysanchez

2[H]4U
Joined
Jul 19, 2006
Messages
2,669
Abit IP35-e Onboard audio(for now)/PS3-> Yamaha RX-V363 or Yamaha HTR-6130BL-> Polk R150s and a Yamaha YST-SW216BL
 
Probably better than Creative T40s, lol.

My personal opinion is if you cant get a quality subwoofer you should just skip it altogether. You either get boomy or hollow bass with the lower price bracket subs.
 
Not feeling the bottom placement for the tweeters...harder to get the sound on-axis, and the tweeter's dispersion is affected by the table/stand boundary...eh honestly you should probably flip the speaker upside down.
 
I bought a yamaha rx-v363 from best buy the other day, and I hooked my PS3 up to it, but it won't output sound to my headphones. Any known problem with this setup?
 
I bought a yamaha rx-v363 from best buy the other day, and I hooked my PS3 up to it, but it won't output sound to my headphones. Any known problem with this setup?

If it plays the speakers then nothing when the headphones are in then the receiver or headphones are not working right. I had to return a 363 due to weird issues. Maybe it was the first run bugs I dunno.
 
Back
Top