How do you switch/mix multiple computers into your audio system?

How do you switch/mix multiple computers into your audio system?

  • Receiver

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • HDMI switch

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Switch on analog level / KVM switch

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Proper mixing desk (analog or digital)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Multiple sound systems (you get extra points)

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • One computer goes into the line in of another

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    6

uOpt

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 29, 2006
Messages
2,910
If you have multiple computers in one room, how do you manage audio for all of them?

Myself I use a proper mixing desk now, since I voluntarily downgraded the computer room to stereo.
 
What are you even doing where you have multiple PCs where you use the audio in one spot?

The only thing I have done that with is my work laptop and my home PC. I used to have them connected to the same receiver and swap cables for the microphone, but I just use a separate headset for my work laptop and it works better that way. I never listen to any audio on my work computer unless it's a meeting and just have all the notification sounds play through the laptop speakers or a monitor.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Meeho
like this
What are you even doing where you have multiple PCs where you use the audio in one spot?

My workstation where I spent most of the time is Linux. I have an additional PC that either boots into Windows for gaming, or other OSes for development. Then there is a laptop that sometimes wants to play audio.
 
Way back when I had two computers I wanted to hear, I had an old tandy speaker thing with two stereo inputs and a mix knob; but it died at some point. Now, I just have little speakers at the computers. TVs get receivers and decent speakers, the htpc went through the receiver until the htpc became too much pain.
 
Back
Top