How do you calibrate a gateway 2185....

charlesk11

n00b
I use eztune and when i think it's all good and then all the colors are wacked out...

what do you guys use?

thanks,

Your post makes no sense. You use EZTune and your colors are fine and then they are all whacked out?

When, after a reboot? After you close EZTune?

I had that monitor and found just using the OSD was fine for color calibration, but EZTune should work as well.

when i use the eztune calibration, it looks right but then when i finsh up, the colors are really messed up and not right....a person's face will be white.

is there a better piece of software that you use/

EZTune worked fine for me, after downloading the latest version from their website and after a bit of tinkering.

With EzTune you should first adjust the brightness and contrast then use the color calibration if you feel it is necessary. Typically you won't have to move the center patch and if you do, it will be by very small amounts. The main adjustment is the slider on the right which will control the gamma settings at different gray scale settings.

Hope that helps.
Darv

Portrait Displays Support
http://www.portrait.com

I find myself moving it way toward the blue to get it to match the background.

Which brings me to my next point...can i match the graph on the left side or do i have to match the background. it's very hard for some reason to match the graph.

Do you have a better package than eztune to do this?

thanks

Back