how do view pics in 10

fightingfi

2[H]4U
how do view pics in 10 without it opening Paint plz? is it the default photo program?

Right click on a picture file, choose Open with > Picture viewer or whatever app you want, if it's not listed on the menu then select the Choose default program option and browse to the program.

Least that's how it should work, can't say that with 100% certainty for Windows 10 since I have no use for that OS but it's pretty standard stuff in Windows since Windows 95.

I use the Photos apps, it's actually pretty good, much better than the old Photo viewer. The only thing that's not as nice is printing, you have to you File Explorer to get all of the old printing options. Not a huge deal as printing is such a once in a blue moon thing for most.

Right click on a picture file, choose Open with > Picture viewer or whatever app you want, if it's not listed on the menu then select the Choose default program option and browse to the program.

It still does work that way with the option to get other apps from the Store.

If you upgraded from 7, you will still have the "Windows Photo Viewer" available which IMO is the best option. If you installed 10 fresh, then it's pretty much either the shit Win10 photo app, paint, or a 3rd party program.

If you upgraded from 7, you will still have the "Windows Photo Viewer" available which IMO is the best option. If you installed 10 fresh, then it's pretty much either the shit Win10 photo app, paint, or a 3rd party program.

Windows 10 Photos has a lot more features than the old Windows Photo Viewer.

Probably sends back to Microsoft what you are viewing too. If I was using Win10 I would probably make iFranview my default photo viewer.

Probably sends back to Microsoft what you are viewing too. If I was using Win10 I would probably make iFranview my default photo viewer.

Always funny to hear this conspiracy nonsense. Like Windows 10 is the first time some have accused Microsoft of stealing data from Windows users. The funny thing though about conspiracy theories is that you often don't need the conspiracy. Like a LOT of people these days, I sync my phone camera to the cloud. I get that some people wouldn't like that but it's not like the pics I take don't end up on Facebook or somewhere else these days anyway. And not having to worrying about backing up photos or losing them and being able to view them from anywhere, a lot of convenience. I think that's the thing that many "Windows 10 is spyware" folks really don't get. There's a lot of functionality attached to this stuff. And there's no secret that it's in the cloud. Yes there are privacy concerns but for most the advantages outweigh them.

IrfanView however is a great app but a little much for a viewer but works perfectly with Windows 10, it's an app I have used for some time.

Last edited:
Everything is a conspiracy until proven not true. People who call others tin foil hat wearers, etc. are just trying to obfuscate the real possible conspiracy. Standard government tactic.

That's another government tactic. Declare them mentally delusional when they are not. Like that ex-CIA asset that outed them for 9/11.

I recommend ACDSee Free. It's always worked as a great photo viewer. The alternate is Google's Picasa (which is no longer supported but still works great). I don't care much for the default multimedia apps MS provides with any version of Windows.

Back