• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

How do these temps look?

jlocohustler

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 25, 2012
Messages
81
I noticed that my cpu fan goes a bit loud when playing newer games that use 4 or more cores. I have a phenom II 1055T running at 2.8. The temps will be like 52C when playing those games but I don't usually check temps when playing games, so, this got me worried-what if something fries up while I'm cracking skulls!?

So, I did a prime95 Full FFT test which puts the CPU on maximum load. Did that for 5 minutes and took a screenshot. Take a look.

20r095s.png


So, the temps range from 58-60C. I don't know if it can go higher than that if I let the test run for hours! What do you think? Safe or not?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I'm using a Xigmatek HDT-SD964 cooler. Quite an ancient cooler but that's what I'm using.
 
with that cooler, yes those temps and fan noise is completely normal. recommended max safe is 62C on paper but its actually 85C for the x6's. but typically anything under 70C is good.

i'd probably suggest looking at upgrading to the S1283 or instead look at the hyper 212+ which can be found for under 30 bucks. the 212+ should drop load temps to the mid 40's.
 
with that cooler, yes those temps and fan noise is completely normal. recommended max safe is 62C on paper but its actually 85C for the x6's. but typically anything under 70C is good.

i'd probably suggest looking at upgrading to the S1283 or instead look at the hyper 212+ which can be found for under 30 bucks. the 212+ should drop load temps to the mid 40's.

Yea i've been looking forwarding to upgrading to the Hyper 212 Evo lately. Maybe I just might make the move soon. Thanks for replying man! :D
 
Back
Top