How do I disable Monitor Shutdown on Logon screen.

Diablo2K

Supreme [H]ardness
How do I turn off Monitor Shutdown on Logon screen. You know the screen with your names and little logo's. I want to disable the monitor shutdown as I always seem to have to turn everything off then let it sit and reboot to get the monitors back on again. It is just a pain in my ass.

Not sure this is what you mean:

Start-Control Panel-User Accounts.
>Change the way users log on or off
>>Uncheck Welcome Screen[And Fast user switching if required]
>>>Apply changes.

Nope, I dont want to shut off the logon screen, I just want to keep the logon screen from useing the power saving features and shutting off the monitors! Cause then I cant get the monitors to come back on without reseting everything, I have to turn off the power on the power strip to get the monitors out of power saving mode!

are you talking about the computer making you put in a passowrd after going to a screen saver? anyways... to keep the monitors from shutting off, you go to display properties, then the "screen saver" tab, then click "power"... change the option on "turn off monitor" to "never"

that should do what you want...

Nope, that only works while your logged on! And no I am not talking about it asking for a password. I really dont know how else to say it but I will try again.

When the computer sits while on the LOGIN screen after a while it automaticly goes into power saving mode and shutsdown the Monitors, how do I keep this from happening?

Just to make sure we are talking about the same situation, when I boot up my PC, and leave it at the Welcome Screen, it switch over to a black screen with XP PRO logo going from one side to the other on the screen, and so it will continiue for ever. In my case the monitor never switches off...Is this the situation you mean ?

Which grafics driver ?

Myne thus has a login screensaver, not the same as the other screensavers.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/logon_screen_saver.htm

Moto Guzzi said:
Just to make sure we are talking about the same situation, when I boot up my PC, and leave it at the Welcome Screen, it switch over to a black screen with XP PRO logo going from one side to the other on the screen, and so it will continiue for ever. In my case the monitor never switches off...Is this the situation you mean ?

Which grafics driver ?

Myne thus has a login screensaver, not the same as the other screensavers.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/logon_screen_saver.htm

Your in the right place, however mine after about a half hour will put the monitors in power saving mode. resulting in having to cold boot everything, by cold boot I have to completly cut the power going to the monitor. then reboot the computer. it is just a major pain.
I am running the latest Cat 4.7 drivers. I have had this problem for quite a while with differant versions of drivers and even differant video cards so I am sure it has more to do with the monitor I am useing, Sony G400.

Diablo2K said:
Your in the right place, however mine after about a half hour will put the monitors in power saving mode. resulting in having to cold boot everything, by cold boot I have to completly cut the power going to the monitor. then reboot the computer. it is just a major pain.
I am running the latest Cat 4.7 drivers. I have had this problem for quite a while with differant versions of drivers and even differant video cards so I am sure it has more to do with the monitor I am useing, Sony G400.

Check your computer's BIOs, usually there are powersaving settings in there.

Back