How do get Cisco customer support? Do they provide it for new products?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
So I just bought two (2) Cisco Aironet 1131AG - wireless access point ( AIR-AP1131AG-A-K9 )

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-Aironet-1131AG-AIR-AP1131AG-K9/dp/B0006OCFQM

This was after posting here about getting a couple of access points.

I'd like to make 1 of them to be an extender, but I can't figure it out. The instructions aren't that difficult, but anything that I read online doesn't explain it fully and in 100% clear terms or even for this specific model.

Does Cisco provide customer support for their products? Like, do they support tech calls within 30 days of purchase of the product? If so, how do I contact them? Anyone have a specific # that they use?

I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Does Cisco provide customer support for their products? Like, do they support tech calls within 30 days of purchase of the product? If so, how do I contact them? Anyone have a specific # that they use?

Depends on where you buy it from. If you don't buy it through an authorized channel and the unit really came from a different country (most of the time these units are cheaper) then you do not get 90 day support, that is the downside.

Proper relellers normally come with 90 days.

Or you can get a support contract

Depends on where you buy it from. If you don't buy it through an authorized channel and the unit really came from a different country (most of the time these units are cheaper) then you do not get 90 day support, that is the downside.

Proper relellers normally come with 90 days.

Or you can get a support contract

Bought it in the U.S. and shipped from U.S. and made sure it's a U.S. model :p

But, yeah... I know what you mean.

So now I have to look for their contact info and probably be on hold for 2 hours :eek:

Bought it in the U.S. and shipped from U.S. and made sure it's a U.S. model :p

But, yeah... I know what you mean.

So now I have to look for their contact info and probably be on hold for 2 hours :eek:

TAC support normally returns the call within an hour after placing the ticket with a LIVE person lol

TAC support normally returns the call within an hour after placing the ticket with a LIVE person lol

Sweeet! Just submitted a ticket... waiting on engineer call-back.

I must say... so far, the submission, return phone call, and take-down of information... very detailed and I'm very impressed.

Sweeet! Just submitted a ticket... waiting on engineer call-back.

I must say... so far, the submission, return phone call, and take-down of information... very detailed and I'm very impressed.

Cisco support is one of the best in the business. Very responsive, very friendly, follows up on every issue. Just a nice company to have support from

They just did a WebEx support call with me. Wow! Talk about world-class service!!!

I <3 Cisco :D :p :eek:

Everything works beautifully!!!

Back