How can you share Sticky Notes in Win7?

ThreeDee

[H]F Junkie
Kind of an odd request ..but was wondering where the sticky notes are located so I can share that folder with another computer in my house ... :confused:

The data store is C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\StickyNotes.snt, but it's not a plain text or XML file, so I'm not sure if it's portable between machines or not. My guess is it also contains data about window placement, etc. so it probably isn't as simple as sharing. The notes aren't designed for inter-machine sharing.

Interesting idea. You know, OneNote has this ability built in and its pretty cool. You can create notebooks that sync up from multiple machines. So you can create content one any machine and syncs up to all. Works like a charm. I use this ALL the time. OneNote is one of my favorite apps ever!

I have never used OneNote , but it sounds like what my wife would like to have going .. I'll try sharing the stickynotes.snt and see what happens .. I'm going to check on free OneNote alternatives as well as it looks like Microsoft want about $70 for it ...:(

when you launch StikyNot.exe from C:\Windows\System32 it always brings up just whats in C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\ ..even if you create a shortcut to the StickyNotes.snt on another computer and tell the computer to launch with StikyNot.exe .. it will just pull up whats in the C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes\ folder and won't display whats contained in the .snt file from the other computer on the network .. maybe if a guy could hack the stikynot.exe program and tell it to pull from the network share instead of it's own folder ..then everything would be peachy ...hmmm

you can copy and paste the other .snt file into the host computers sticky notes file folder and then everything will come up just fine tho ..

Back