How can i make a backup DVD of my games?

zombeh

[H]ard|Gawd
My games are getting scratched to hell and i need to make a backup of them before they get destroyed.I don't want any no-cd patches on my computer. Now Crysis and COD4 are about 5.7gbs on disc and i only have 4.7gb dvd+r discs. Now i know this might sound like a piracy question, but it's not. If you own the game you're permitted to making personal backups. It's just distributing them that makes it illegal, i hope mods understand this. I really need to make a backup of them. What software program can i buy to do this?

nero will let you make an image of the game disk

many games now a days are on double layer disks (8.5 gb) so if you want to burn the image you are going to need a DL burner and DL media

nero will let you make an image of the game disk

many games now a days are on double layer disks (8.5 gb) so if you want to burn the image you are going to need a DL burner and DL media

So i put in the crysis dvd, then go to where? I can't find an .iso thing anywhere, i have nero 8.

Isn't there a program that will compress it to fit on a 4.7?

Okay i made an .iso image of my crysis dvd, but it's still 5.7gbs...How can i put it on a 4.7gb disc?

Id say its dual layered and you're SOL for burning it on a single layer 4.7 gb disc. Alternatively you can mount the image using Dameon tools or Alcohol and install from there, if you dont mind keeping the disc image on your HDD.

Otherwise, I found a nice lightweight freeware program that will make an image of a disc for you, posted here in the freeware thread.

yeah it is dual layer, but there has to be a way to put it on dvd 4.7 right? Would Winrar be able to make 2 parts and put 1 part on per dvd?

I have the .iso on my harddrive but i dont wanna go buy DL dvds to back it up, too much money.

Yes, you would be able to use WinRAR to break it into two parts to put on DVDs. If you used this method, to install you would have to copy both back to your computer and extract the ISO from the two files, though. That could take upwards of 15GB.

Back