How can I do full screen on a second monitor?

ZeroBullet

Gawd
I have a CRT plugged into my laptop, and am using it as a #2 screen. When I make anything run in full screen, it uses my laptop screen, how can I make it run the full screen on the CRT?

I've tried switching it to being the primary screen, but it just lowers the resolution on the LCD and does nothing on the CRT.

Windows XP Pro; it's the Intel Extreme integrated graphics in a Dell 300m.

I've gotten WMP to do full screen on the CRT, now I'd just like to have programs start on it if possible.

Ok I am using dual monitors with my system listed and here is how I can see to do it. Hopefully it will have this option for you, but who knows since you are using integrated graphics.

Go to Control Panel>Display>Settings>On the Display: You should have 2 monitors listed with a dropdown menu. Go to the CRT monitor and look for a check box in the corner and set it to Use This Device as my primary monitor.

That should do it for you. Good Luck!

yes you can do that but its usually all screwed up when you first do and you gotta tinker with all the options and crap for a while until it looks good. When i first did it with my lcd and my crt, my lcd had like the lowest res and 16 colors rofl

Mess with the resolution that fits the monitor???

Speaking of attaching monitors to laptops, I need to get 2 for mine!!

Originally posted by Snikku
yes you can do that but its usually all screwed up when you first do and you gotta tinker with all the options and crap for a while until it looks good. When i first did it with my lcd and my crt, my lcd had like the lowest res and 16 colors rofl

Yeah that's what always happens with mine! It shuts off the CRT and drops the LCD res all teh way down. I'll tinker around with the settings and see what happens.

Thanks guys :)

Back