Home Network/PS3 Issue

KingSmoth

Limp Gawd
Hey everyone, I have an annoying issue with my PS3 on my home network that I hope someone here can help me resolve.
My setup is as follows: Comcast modem --> Linksys WRT54G router --> Netgear FS116 switch(located in office, distributed to three bedrooms and living room)
I have a PC and Mac plugged into the switch in the office. The bedrooms each have four ports that connect directly into the switch.
In the living room I was unable to run four individual ports(too small of a workspace in the attic to drop the wiring where I wanted it), so I have a single outlet running into a 4-port switch. I have a PC, 360 and PS3 connected to this switch.
Everything connected to the network has an assigned IP. Everything has a peaceful co-existence except for the PS3.
I can have a single PC on the network, or I can have everything running except for the PS3. As soon as the PS3 is turned on, everything on the network is disconnected. Once the PS3 connects to PSN, network connections are (almost always) re-established and everything runs smoothly. Usually the PS3 will connect to PSN without error, but occasionally it will report "DNS Error" then connect. I recently tried DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but it didn't correct the problem.
I'm not a networking guru by any means, so any help will be greatly appreciated. I think my roomies will kill me if they get DC'd from WoW by my PS3 again...

I had a similar issue running DHCP. If I turned on the PS3, it would disconnect my son's computer. I statically assigned everyone's IPs and things straightened up if I remember right.

I'm running DHCP again, but not from the WRT54G. I've turned off DHCP there and am running it on my Windows Home Server with static mappings.

I assigned every device a static IP ranging from 192.168.1.150-192.168.1.162

so the PS3 is static as well, or is it just in a static DHCP pool on WHS?

our PS3 was acting strange when i tried to do the "custom settings" and enter the info manually. if its left to auto it seems to hit the network just fine. what does the PS3 say is the primary gateway in network settings? the modem? the WHS box?

The PS3 is set to static IP as well. The problem happens regardless of settings being Manual or Auto. If the PS3 is the first active connection on the network there are no issues.
The primary gateway I believe is set to 192.168.1.1, but I can verify when I get home in a few hours.

Back