hikvision ios app ivms-4500 slow compared to android?

tonyyy

Limp Gawd
I just upgrade from my android to iphone 6s and notice that the app doesn't respond the same as it does in quality of video stream as the android.

I notice that I have to change to to fluent back to clear and then I get good video quality at 1080 compared to my android would automatically show at 1080 also as 20fps.

does anyone else with hikvision 3mp cameras on iphone have the same issue with ivms-4500?

thanks

I just set up a POE HIKVision camera and installed the ivms-4500 app on my Android phone. I'm still in the process of setting up / configuring the software and the app, but the app also starts out in fluent for me. I have to change it to clear each time.

I'm also not able to viewmy camera from the app when I'm away from home (not on my home WiFi), which would be the primary use of the app. I'll get a "connection failed" error. I downlaoded and set up the app real quick the other day, so I'm thinking that I didnt set up 100% correctly.

I just set up a POE HIKVision camera and installed the ivms-4500 app on my Android phone. I'm still in the process of setting up / configuring the software and the app, but the app also starts out in fluent for me. I have to change it to clear each time.

I'm also not able to viewmy camera from the app when I'm away from home (not on my home WiFi), which would be the primary use of the app. I'll get a "connection failed" error. I downlaoded and set up the app real quick the other day, so I'm thinking that I didnt set up 100% correctly.

The connection failed is you trying to connect to your LAN IP of the NVR or you don't have the ports forwarded in your firewall.

The image is fuzzy on my iPhone 6 for the first few seconds then it clears up. I don't have an android phone to test on.

The connection failed is you trying to connect to your LAN IP of the NVR or you don't have the ports forwarded in your firewall.

I verified my external IP address (googled "what is my IP" and entered that into the app). I also fwd'd port 8000 on my router to the 192.168.x.x IP for my camera. And finally I allowed connections thru the firewall for port 8000. I think it's only port 8000 that's needed??

The connection still fails on the app. Does it seem like I'm missing anything??

Back