higher end wifi....

QwertyJuan

[H]F Junkie
I am looking at something that I can have an AP hooked up, and have several repeaters, so that I only have one SSID. I have seen some d-link stuff, and it looks like it supports ONE repeater... but are there products out there, that can repeat off of a repeater??? Like a daisy chain kinda thing??

AP>>>>>Repeater>>>>>Repeater>>>>>>Repeater

And if you are in the range of the last repeater, it just repeats all the way back??

QJ

I like the linsys stuff. i have some w54g APs, they do what you are looking for.

Just so you know, when you have these in repeater mode, they aren't in AP mode any more. Dunno if that matters to you or not.

I'd steer clear of the gigabyte stuff. I've lost two wireless routers in the past year.

XOR != OR said:
I like the linsys stuff. i have some w54g APs, they do what you are looking for.

Just so you know, when you have these in repeater mode, they aren't in AP mode any more. Dunno if that matters to you or not.

I'd steer clear of the gigabyte stuff. I've lost two wireless routers in the past year.

I am not sure if I understand you....you take 3 AP's.... one is now a reapter??

AP>>>>REPEATER>>>>AP

Like the diagram above??

QJ

Why not just run more cable? Using multiple repeaters just slows down your wireless. Even with high end gear like Cisco they have it documented that high traffic wireless is not recommended when using repeaters.

Back