High Temp, No overclock

Bluenile

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 9, 2005
Messages
75
My old Motherboard (LANPARTY 925X-T2) ended up dying on me so I replaced it with a new copy.
But now my CPU Idle temps have gone from 30C to about 65C Idle + 10C if I try to run anything. Using new tube of Artic Silver 5. Paste spread comes out like in instructions.My cables are better organized than before so they don't interfere. Case temp stays in 25C.
I have a stock LGA 775 Heatsink on the CPU. Is that capable of dying somehow? Could the Motherboard Temp Sensor be screwy?
Using Smart Guardian that came with Motherboard to monitor temp...
What do you recommend I use to monitor CPU temp externally? Is there some sort of probe I can stick by the CPU to measure temp?
Case Antec Super Lanboy
 
I meant something hardware wise. Is there some sort of thermometer that i can get close enough for an accurate reading?
 
Sounds to me like either your heatsink is improperly mounted or your CPU fan is dead.
 
Back
Top