High Coolant Temperatures

#30 Min Loop Complete

2C Delta from Rad outlet to ambient (Slightly Less)

7C or Almost Delta from Res inlet to Rad outlet

Loop order = Pump -> Rad -> Rad -> CPU -> GPU -> Res/Pump
Why are you using hot case air to feed your radiators instead of cool room temp air? Looking at these numbers, you have your fans maxed out in order to manage a thermal load that just one of your radiators could handle by itself with the fans closer to 50% if it were being fed air from the room.

Yeah now I'm curious and wish I had my previous loop/ case to do a real test.

Kids taking all my time away to work on this stuff lol.
I can understand kids taking time ;) The noctuas flow about twice the air at full rpm from the corsair fans. Might re run the test at half the speed to level the playing field and see where it comes out.

Why are you using hot case air to feed your radiators instead of cool room temp air? Looking at these numbers, you have your fans maxed out in order to manage a thermal load that just one of your radiators could handle by itself with the fans closer to 50% if it were being fed air from the room.
to keep internal case components cool, (PSU, MB VRMS,SSDS,Memory)

#Edit : I think you might be surprised with the temps on this next test with the fan speed cut in half.....

#Edit 2: I used to run with my rad fans all on intake but I did not like my DDR4 Temps, Plus I was able to get more MHZ & lower sub timings out of them ;)

Last edited:
For comparison, here is the build in my sig after 30min with the GPUs near max. I highlighted the plots for input heat and temp drop across the radiator pair.

Cooling is from a pair of 360x45 rads where the side one gets direct room temp (measured on my Fluke just now at 21.5C) and the top one gets a mix of that exhaust + ambient air supplied from the front fans + rear intake (so 7 intake fans and 3 exhaust). The fans are the 120mm 3000rpm Noctua fans. Note how the rad fans are at only 70% to maintain the 40C coolant temp. Also note just how low the flow is - that's about 0.5gpm. It turns out that QDCs are a major flow restrictor.

Lastly, just to reiterate, this is with about 25% less radiator that your machine. So, with about double the thermal load and 25% less radiator, my fans are able to run at 30% lower load. The exhaust coming out the top, as measured by the Fluke, is 34.8-35.2C, so even the air inside the case is likely cooler than with your setup.

At the very least, you'd be well served by flipping the fans on one of your two radiators.

1699139843784.png

Rad fans running 50% not much of an increase as far as I can tell...... When I used the rad fans as intake blowing hot air into the case I seen almost 40C ambient case temps... That is unacceptable to me as my DDR4 temps would reach mid 50s and limit the TRFC timings as they are related directly to voltage and temps. In current config with TRFC set to 265 and vdimm at 1.51 volts ddr4 temps are sub 50C if I flip the fans around then the clocks with current timings become unstable.

Rad Thickness does come into play here also I am running 30mm rads while you are running 45mm thick rads.... so I am running less total cooling area....

As you can see with the fans cut in half the increase is marginal.

1699140734083.png

Last edited:
I just finished setting up 1080mm of Alphacool copper with 23 fans silent setup push pull all rads exhausting it's glorious 🤪

Back