Hiding or placing Win10 modern apps in a folder?

Domingo

Fully [H]
Pretty straightforward. I'm trying to clean up my "All Programs" start menu and it's littered with modern apps that I can't re-arrange, hide, or categorize.
Anyone know of any tricks to make this work? I'm not looking to kill off the programs, just the icons in that menu.

While I love the additional functionality, Classic Shell looks dated, IMO. I'm over the Win 7 look.
I might see if there are some changes it allows that carry-over, though.

Startisback looks the same as classicshell but costs money. I'm so retro I use the classic option in Classicshell, I'll take functionality over form.

Pretty straightforward. I'm trying to clean up my "All Programs" start menu and it's littered with modern apps that I can't re-arrange, hide, or categorize.
Anyone know of any tricks to make this work? I'm not looking to kill off the programs, just the icons in that menu.
Just FYI - it's called "All Apps" not "Most Apps" or "Selected Apps."

It's all of them, so you're sorta stuck with it. The best thing to do is pin your frequently used stuff to Start and just don't go in there unless you need to.

It's all of them, so you're sorta stuck with it. The best thing to do is pin your frequently used stuff to Start and just don't go in there unless you need to.

Agreed. The lack of folder or container management in both All Apps and the Start Screen pinned tile section is what I consider the biggest weakness of Start in 10. For whatever ever reason Microsoft hasn't added the folder concept in Windows 10 mobile to Windows 10 x86.

I get that it's ALL programs, but it's not like I don't have plenty of other programs installed that don't have shortcuts. I can also place them all in folders so I don't have to scroll.
Not much I can do about it, but I think it's an odd oversight on MS's part to tie those programs to the root of your start menu.

Back