Hiding an IP address- Total noob! Sorry if this is stupid...

billspez34

n00b
My buddy and me are members of the same free poker site...we want to play in the same poker-room against each other but the site won't let us because it says "we're in the same household".

I'm guessing this is because we are in the same house on the same WiFi connection? If this is the case, is there any way to make appear as though two machines on the same connection are actually on two different connections?

VPN should do it but anything halfway decent charges money for the service.

I recommend Private Internet Access (PIA), their customer support is snappy and I've used their vpn service in 3 countries so far, works very well.

Get Opera web browser developer version and it has a built in free VPN and has pretty good speed. Don't trust free proxies,and they are slow too. A full blown free VPN that has 500mb per month data cap is Tunnel Bear and is trustworthy. I would just use Opera though because it is much simpler to use, just click the VPN button and it is on.

You can use here to see what your new IP address is.

IP-Secrets - What is my IP?

You should also install this extension into Opera so webrtc doesn't leak your real IP address. You can check to make sure that is working properly too with the url I provided.

WebRTC Leak Prevent

Last edited:
Back